The Survey of Finance introduces fundamental ideas and concepts in business finance theory. The material rises above 100-level courses through its use of logical reasoning and mathematics to understand economic behavior. Surveys the discipline of finance. Topics covered are: financial markets, financial institutions, financial statements analysis, time value of money, capital budgeting, and methods of short-term and long-term financing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial management
- Evaluate financial statements as they relate to business profitability
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial markets and institutions
- Determine the time value of money, and value of stocks and bonds
- Evaluate capital projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of various sources of financing
Melicher, R. W., & Norton, E. A. (2014). Introduction to Finance, 15 th edition. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN: 978-1-118-49267-3