The purpose of this course is to help the student to learn how to effectively communicate and work in groups. The study of theories and skills related to small group communication. Emphasis is on the communicative skills involved in group relationships and group decision making processes in both professional and personal contexts. Students will develop oral communication skills by engaging in practice in a variety of individual exercises and presentations, and group presentations.
- A basic understanding of the dynamic process of human communication
- A basic understanding of theories, research, and principles of small group communication
- An understanding of how to solve problems when working in small groups
- A proficiency in communicating effectively in a variety of small group contexts and formats
- A proficiency in giving group and individual presentations
- A proficiency in working in groups to complete projects
Rothwell: In Mixed Company: Communicating in Small Groups and Teams 6th ed. ISBN:0-495-09252-5