The study of theories and skills applicable to informative, persuasive, and special occasion platform speaking. Emphasis is on effective selection, organization, and presentation of material to diverse audiences across diverse settings. Students will develop oral communication skills by engaging in a variety of exercises and individual presentations.
- Describe the dynamic nature of the human communication process.
- Apply the elements of public speaking.
- Demonstrate the different goals of public speaking and the approaches.
- Use techniques that lead to success in various forms of speeches.
- Articulate the standards of criticism for public speaking and apply those stands to the various contexts of public speaking.
Inviting Transformation: Presentational Speaking for a Changing World, Fourth Edition (9781478638193): Sonja K. Foss, Karen A. Foss