Introduces students to the supervisor’s role in organizations. Emphasizes development of the insights and skills necessary to achieve organizational objectives through others by effectively using the managerial functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Offers practical experience in decision making in contemporary and relevant situations facing today’s supervisors.
- Organize an activity to achieve specific desired outcomes.
- Plan actions and set goals to achieve specific desired supervisory outcomes.
- Communicate expectations for a specific plan and provide feedback to others.
- Apply decision-making techniques.
- Demonstrate methods of motivating employees.
- Analyze supervisory situations and determine appropriate courses of action.
Robbins, S.P., DeCenzo, D.A., & Wolter, R. (2016). Supervision today! (8″ ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-388486-9