A survey of communication principles, theories, and skills including interpersonal communication, small group communication, and public speaking. Students develop oral communication skills through practice in a variety of individual activities, group activities, and individual and group presentations.
- Describe the dynamic nature of the human communication process.
- Discuss the basic interpersonal communication models and communication theories.
- Apply basic interpersonal communication concepts and effectively engage in interpersonal communication.
- Summarize important theories within each area of the field.
- Demonstrate basic group communication concepts and effectively interact in a group setting.
- Use public communication concepts while speaking.
In the Company of Others: An Introduction to Communication, by J. Dan Rothwell