In-depth review of domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy with specific emphasis on law enforcement, legal, medical, and social services. Focuses on regulation and program standards, dynamics of advocacy case work, development of techniques of effective interaction with clients, and working knowledge of community resources.
- Understand the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Identify potential reactions of victims.
- Develop skills to interact and communicate with victims.
- Consider specific issues for our community.
- Have a working knowledge of community resources.
Safety Planning with Battered Women: Complex Lives/ Difficult Choices, (1998), Davies, Jill.
Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications or Domestic Advocacy 2, (2014) Davies, Jill.