College Algebra for Calculus, MATH A151, provides detailed instruction of algebraic, polynomial, and transcendental equations including logarithmic and exponential functions. Study will also include in depth exploration of systems of equations, analytic geometry, series, sequences, and the Binomial Theorem.
- Solving quadratic equations or those equations in quadratic form using both factoring and the quadratic formula.
- Properties and algebraic operations of integers, fractions, complex numbers, polynomials, exponential, logarithmic, and rational expressions and functions including composition and inverses of functions.
- Simplify and solve equations with absolute value, radicals, exponents, and logarithms.
- Compute rates of change and applications of linear equations and inequalities.
- Analysis and graphical representations of basic functions including polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions.
- Solving systems of linear, non-linear, and inequality equations and applications including partial fractions and Cramer’s Rule.
- Analysis of conic sections to include: parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas.
- Computation and application of arithmetic and geometric series and sequences including the Binomial Theorem.
College Algebra 5 Edition, Blitzer, Pearson. ISBN# 0321559835