Introduces students to key business principles. Explores strategies allowing companies to compete in today’s complex global marketplace. Discusses the primary functional areas of business, including management, marketing, finance, accounting and information systems. Provides students with opportunities to develop essential business skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, team building, and business etiquette.
- Identify, select, and apply organizational problem-solving techniques to a case study.
- Describe ethics and why social responsibility and ethical performance are critical to an organization’s success.
- Demonstrate knowledge of socially diverse and cultural differences and how global opportunities and challenges influence the decision-making process.
- Explain the role of human social relations and the implications related to the ability to effectively communicate in ethnically diverse contexts.
- Describe the process of achieving organization objectives through people and other resources.
- Distinguish between effective and ineffective business decorum.
Kurtz, D.L. (2015). Contemporary business (16″ ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. ISBN-13: 978-1-118-77239-3