Security+ validates the baseline skills one needs to perform core security functions.
Certificate Exam Details
CompTIA Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the United States Department of Defense to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program.
- Technologies & Tools: Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Identity & Access Management: Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Cryptography & PKI: Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
- Architecture & Design: Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Risk Management: Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Threats, Attacks, & Vulnerabilities: Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts