Validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux systems.
Certificate Exam Details
CompTIA Linux+ validates the skills of IT professionals with hands-on experience configuring, monitoring, and supporting servers running the Linux operating system. CompTIA’s Linux+ certificate covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking. The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
- Hardware & System Configuration: Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies
- Linux Troubleshooting & Diagnostics: Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application and hardware issues
- Security: Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls, and file management
- Automation & Scripting: Execute basic BASH scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes
- System Operation & Maintenance: Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling, and the use and operation of Linux devices